Sunday, January 25, 2009

Industrial Leaders and Heroes - You? You!



I travel around this continent a lot. The industrial world is the one where I make my living and its a huge contributor to our overall economy. I get into a lot of fascinating plants and industrial sites and I find unique and passionate individuals doing great work. I also get in to some environments where the enthusiasm and performance is muted at best. There's lots of different reasons for the malaise and apathy that sets into some teams. Without getting into all of those underlying causes I want to write helpful articles in support of the industrial team! Who are they? They are the tradespersons, technicians and team supervisors. Some are maintenance planners and superintendents. They are plant and fleet managers, engineers and machinery and systems operators.

These groups need a boost, some encouragement and coaching, and some fellow brain stormers as much as any other group.

I have come to believe that passion is more important than training and certification. Yes the latter are important of course, but this year we'll find that those who can lead (in whatever official role and title they may have) and press on with initiative,..those who inspire and do great work will be valued.

I hope you'll join me here, challenge each other and debate the issues of leadership and vision, and in doing so find some fresh energy for your own work. Comment with your insights, victories and quips of humor too!

No comments:

Post a Comment